Friday, July 8, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

From Leanne Ely:
 
Ladies and Gentlemen... start your BLENDERS!
 
Leanne's Incredibly Easy, Doesn't Have to Be Measured Smoothie "Recipe"
 
Makes 2 yummy smoothies
 
2-3 ice cubes
2-3 handfuls of frozen (organic if you can) berries, your choice, about 1 cup
2 scoops protein powder (I use a vanilla whey protein powder)
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I use So Delicious brand)
Put everything in a blender (I have a 450 watt blender that works great!) and LET HER RIP!
 
COOKING NOTES:
You can mix it up on the fruit, but my preference is berries as they are low glycemic. I also add a scoop of Barleans Greens to my smoothie--makes it a dark purple! Adds a little sweet (there's stevia in there) but still very good. This smoothie has more nutrition than my previous conconctions...enjoy!

Smoothies are pretty forgiving--the only necessary component is frozen fruit to make it shake-like.
 
That's it. Pretty simple, isn't it? That's how easy breakfast can be in the morning. This smoothie takes me all of two minutes to make.

 
 
"All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -  ºoº Walt Disney ºoº  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment