Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day of Remembrance 9/11

What is truly sad is that there is hardly a mention at my kids schools. I was a basket case that day. Guido was 3 months old and I was a freakin zombie because he had colic during that time. I had finally got him to sleep after being up with him for hours. I was having construction done in my house and didn't even hear them start working, that is how zonked out I was. My sister and husband kept calling and calling me. I finally woke up and answered the stupid phone. My husband relayed the horrible news. I turned on the TV and saw the 2nd tower get hit. I didn't know what to do. I saw the bottom scroll later that parents could not pick up their kids from school due to there may be chaos, so I waited all day for my babies to get home.  I met each one at the bus stop and just hugged and hugged them. I found  out later that the school district was releasing the kids, and that I could have gone to get them. I wish I had followed my heart to do that. I just sat and cried with them. I will never forget it. 

Sent from my iMickey! 8(; - )
⁰●⁰. ⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰           

No comments:

Post a Comment