Monday, September 24, 2012

Simple Soaked Pancakes

From Heavenly Homemaker Blog:

Simple Soaked Pancakes

By · Feb,16 2009
I've really been enjoying experimenting with my new sourdough starter…and the older my starter gets, the better it does!  Mmm!
But I keep falling back on my old stand by pancakes.  They are SO good and SO good for you and SO easy.
I make them by soaking my flour in buttermilk overnight which breaks down the phytates and makes them more digestible, thus creating sourdough pancakes.  Here's the recipe:
Simple Soaked Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour (or whatever grain you want)
1 cup cultured buttermilk
1 egg
3 T. melted butter (or oil)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
Stir the flour and buttermilk together in a glass bowl.  Cover with a cloth and leave on the counter overnight.  In the morning, stir in the egg, melted butter, baking soda and salt.  Whisk together, adding extra milk or buttermilk for the desired batter thickness you prefer.
Cook pancakes on a well buttered, hot skillet or griddle, flipping once bubbles begin to form.  Serve with real maple syrup, applesauce, jelly, or any of your favorite pancake toppings!

 
 
"All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -  ºoº Walt Disney ºoº  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment