Thursday, July 7, 2011

Black Rice

 

I was reading an article this morning regarding this particular rice. I have never heard of it before. I will have to find out where they sell it locally and try it out.

Figured I would pass it along.

http://www.blackrice.com/

What is Black Rice exactly?

'Black Rice' is actually more purplish in color than black; although when uncooked it is very dark in appearance. This type of rice is usually sold 'un-milled', with the husk intact. Up until modern times, Black Rice was not easy to come by; it had been highly treasured and protected in Asia for many centuries. It is also commonly used as a condiment, dressing, or as a decoration for different types of desserts in many countries around the world.High in nutritional value, black rice is rich in iron and high in fiber.

Health Benefits

  • prevention of cancer
  • prevention of diabetes
  • prevention of heart disease
  • prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
  • Prevention of Heart Attacks
 
 
That should say Black Rice AND had I looked at the where to buy section I would have seen that it is sold in Whole Foods. lol ARGH just one of those days. I will be deleting the previous post.Thx.
 
 
"All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -  ºoº Walt Disney ºoº  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment