Thursday, July 7, 2011

DUH Moments

OMG this is so true. I constantly have these moments. I feel like such an airhead. Glad to know I am not the only one. She cracked me up and made my day.
 
While I was reading I was like, "Yep, Yep, Yep...done that and that." lol
 
I was holding my sons hand the other day while we were walking through a parking lot and I forgot that he had his eyes closed and made him trip into a car (again). DUH!
Yes, I win the horrible mother award again. <sigh> I hope I run out of shelf space soon.
 
Taken from Heavenly Homemakers blog:
Posted: 06 Jul 2011 07:56 PM PDT
My days are full of "duh" moments. Is it just me?  It seems like the older I get, the older my kids get, the more I have on my to-do list…the more "duh" moments I have.
I say "duh" to myself frequently.  Like when I walk all the way to our storage room to retrieve something, but by the time I get there, I have absolutely no idea what I had intended to get.  Duh.  Or when I stir the wrong ingredient into the wrong bowl because I'm trying to make too many recipes at the same time.  Duh.  Or how about the time I stuck a wooden spoon into a running food processor.  We had splinter-filled cookie dough with that smart move.  Duh.
Just last week, I had a very busy day and just so happened to be wearing a cute but long sun-dress that went all the way past my ankles.  This information about my apparel is only relevant if you consider that after going out to check on my husband who was busy painting the outside of our house, I tripped on my long sundress while going up my porch-steps.  (duh)  Thankfully, my shins didn't suffer too much for this move, and I'm almost certain none of the neighbors were outside to see my gracefulness.
But that's not really why I told you about the sun-dress.  You just needed to know about how I tripped over the sundress so that you could understand my next and very silly "duh" moment.
You see, a couple of hours after my graceful sundress-tripping-up-the-porch-steps incident, I had to make a stop at the post office.  There are a good 10-12 cement steps in front of the post office.  Because I'm never (sometimes) one to make the same mistake twice, I was very careful to hold up the bottom of my dress as I decended the post office steps after mailing my package.  I was able to avoiding a foot-tangled-up-in-sundress-in-front-of-post-office mishap and managed to make it down the cement steps with both feet on the ground and all was well.
I was focused on rejoicing in my success – so focused that I went to the nearest silver mini-van in front of the post office, opened the door and hopped right in.  Aaaa!! (Yes, I believe that was exactly how I said it.)
Wrong mini-van.
Duh.
(It was way too clean to be my mini-van – that should have been my first clue.)
Three parking spaces down was MY silver mini-van, which I am quite sure I made it to in record time (after looking both ways twice to see who had witnessed my "duh" moment.)
The minute I got home, my husband, from his perch on the ladder while painting, said, "We just got a phone call.  Malachi was supposed to be at a birthday party 15 mintues ago."
Oh duh.
Yep, the "duh" moments just never stop around here.
Have any "duh" moments you'd like to share?
 
 
"All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -  ºoº Walt Disney ºoº  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment