Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday Oreos

I'm not a big Oreo fan, but my family is and these sound delish. They would certainly enjoy these cookies. 
From she scribes blog:

Happy Birthday Oreos!

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 01:18 PM PST

Here is an interesting fact. This coming March 6th (2012) the iconic cookie, Oreos, will celebrate it's 100th birthday. WOW! Who knew it's been around that long? I would never have guessed it. Oreos certainly don't look their age. Ha Ha.

In honor of this momentous occasion Oreo is releasing a limit edition Oreo cookie called Birthday Cake Oreo.

I love Oreos. Sadly they don't always agree with my tummy so I can only eat 2-3 at a time. That is not really such a bad thing because it prevents me from each a half a dozen or more in one shot. I LOVE Oreos! With our without milk.

I'm one of those people who take apart the cookies, eat the cream and then enjoy the cookies. Do YOU eat your Oreos that way too?

I was excited when I heard about the Birthday Cake Oreos and I couldn't wait to try one.

Birthday Cake Oreos look like regular Oreos except there are colorful confetti colors mixed in with the white cream. I really like the colorful new look. Oreos are already a fun cookie to eat. I think the colorful confetti cream makes them even MORE fun to eat and enjoy.

Another thing I noticed about the Birthday Cake Oreo was that print on the cookie it's self. The cookie reads "Oreo 100″ and features a birthday candle on top. They really thought of everything when designing these cookies.

The #1 thing I noticed about these delicious limited edition cookies is how they smell and taste. They smell EXACTLY like a slice of birthday cake and they taste like one too! I'm not exaggerating either. When you eat one of the Birthday Cake Oreos you would swear you just had a slice of birthday cake. It's amazing how much the cookie tastes like a birthday cake.

They remind me of a vanilla birthday cake, even though the cookie is chocolate. I'm guessing they added more vanilla than they normally do in the cookie. I'm sure there is something else added to them to make them taste so out of this world wonderful!

These are going to be a limited edition. I truly hope that Oreo will reconsider that and make these available all the time. These are too good not to have around all the time.

The cookies shouldn't be available on store shelves yet (not until the beginning of March) but my local grocery store already has them available for purchase. I have a feeling they might have "jumped the gun" a bit and put them out for customers a wee bit early.

If you love Oreos and you love birthday cake then you must check out these new cookies. Keep an eye out for them because they should be appearing on a store shelf near you any day now.

Two thumbs up, 5 stars and a 10+++ for the new Birthday Cake Oreo cookies. They are SO GOOD!

Kimberly


Sent from my iMickey! 8(; - )
⁰●⁰. ⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰.⁰●⁰           

No comments:

Post a Comment